August 15, 2011

I Hate Duct Tape Wallets....SURPRISE!




On a giddy high from duct tape fumes, I plowed my way on to a new craft:  The Duct Tape Wallet.  Apparently everyone and their dog has made one of these.  I decided to do the "Girly Duct Tape Wallet", but man it was hard to follow.  I improvised.  There are two main pieces:  the back is a sheet of paper covered in tape and the pocket for the money pouch is roughly a 1/3 of a sheet of paper covered in tape and taped in there.  The bottom pockets are fabric backed with tape and then taped down.  I measured nothing.  I plan to add a spot for a check book and a closure.

And I hate this thing.  I don't know what it is.  It's kind of cool, is it not?  But it looks like duct tape.  And a few of the pieces weren't long enough so there are patches.  And a few of the pieces weren't exactly straight so there are air bubbles.  Maybe I'm just mad at it for not being perfect.  My fabric backed bags aren't perfect either, but they're cool.  There's the unexpected element of DUCT TAPE hidden inside.  Once this thing is finished it is going to live somewhere else.  Stacy, I hope you like it.  It's really cool and (probably) functional.  It'll be awesome!  (As long as I don't have to live with it.)

What else can I cover in duct tape?

No comments:

Post a Comment