January 5, 2011

Pink Peppermint Ice Cream

I told The Medium One that we would make her peppermint ice cream quite a while ago.  She's waited patiently, I must say!  Her birthday is New Year's Day so her preschool class will be celebrating tomorrow.  Today was the day for ice cream making.

Now, The Medium One has issues with milk.  I think we all do, but her's are more extreme.  Long story short:  We're on a first name basis with the G.I. doctor.  So if she wants ice cream we generally just make it ourselves.  This batch was made with coconut milk and soy milk.

Here's the recipe..
4 Eggs
1 Cup Sugar
Pinch of salt (the recipe I looked up called for 1/4 tsp.  I just pinched it!)
Vanilla (Recipe said 2 tsps.  I poured in what was left in the bottle.)
1 Can of Coconut Milk
Soy Milk
Candy Canes

I mixed the eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla and coconut milk with my mixer.  Then, added it to my ice cream maker.  Once I started it, I added soy milk to fill the machine up a little more.  After it started to freeze we added the broken candy canes to it.  Oh, and three drops of red food coloring to make it pink.  Of course.

Here's a link to the  machine I used.  I really like it.  I stole it from my Dad a few months ago.  We've used it to make sorbet as well.

Cuisinart ICE-21 Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker

Happy Ice Creaming Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment