January 18, 2011

Thoughts On Meatloaf

I was making spaghetti (again) tonight when I had a thought.  What about meatloaf spaghetti??  I love meatloaf.  Always have.  I was the one weird kid saying "Oh yay!  It's meatloaf!!!!".  But I don't make it very often because...well....I was going to say because it's such a mess, but it really isn't.  I do have a tendency to forget to thaw my ground meat.  Have you tried mixing meatloaf out of half-frozen meat?  Your fingers tend to get cold.  Maybe that's why I never make it.  I don't know.  Maybe it's because it takes an hour or so to cook.

Ok, so my thought was meatloaf spaghetti.....Brown the ground meat with the meatloaf seasonings in it (sans egg and bread crumbs), then add the meatloaf sauce (I make mine out of ketchup, mustard and brown sugar.  No measurements;  I just play with it until it tastes right) and you've got something similar to spaghetti sauce.  This is the point when it occurred to me that there might be a better way to serve this than over noodles.  Of course there is, MASHED POTATOES!  Meatloaf sauce over mashed potatoes.  YUM!!

I'm out of ground beef and I doubt I have meatloaf seasonings or potatoes.  Would someone please give this a try and let me know how it works out for you?!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment