December 24, 2010

For the boy....

I convinced my little girls to trade me their scrap scarves in exchange for a trip to pick out their own fleece for scarves.  We made sure to get enough for the three of them and their cousin.  But there's a boy cousin too.  And at 3.5 years old he's plenty big enough to know when he's being left out.  He needed a scarf too.  But not ruffled.  Boys don't do ruffles (right?).   Here's my solution:  Pocket Scarf!

I used The Big Ones hand to check for size.
We picked out a bright green fleece for The Boy.  I bought 1/8 yard.  The edges are choppy, but I didn't want to try to trim it straight.  I didn't really want it any narrower, so it's choppy.  I folded up a five inch piece on each end and stitched up the two sides.  Industrious persons could top stitch along the bottom as well.  Really industrious persons could cut off the pocket square and sew it higher up and fringe the part underneath.  I don't like fringe.  Never have.  It's a personal choice and I'm ok with it.

That's a slit.

I also added a slit to hold the scarf in place around his neck.  We're in Texas.  We are not experienced scarf wearers!!

Sewn up pocket with The Big Ones hand.
Full scarf, slit and all.


I can't wait to see The Boy running around with cars and dirt stuffed in those pockets!!!

1 comment:

  1. Super awesome pocket scarf! And the rose from above...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete