December 13, 2010

Grilled Spaghetti Sandwich

Once upon a time, not so long ago, we had a lot of leftover spaghetti.  We often have leftover spaghetti.  I was wishing that I had some garlic bread.  And some cheese to go on the spaghetti.  That's when it hit me:  If I combine the bread, cheese and spaghetti I would have a grilled spaghetti sandwich!  So I tried it.  Here's what I did...

Butter two slices of bread and add garlic powder and italian seasoning.  (I put too much garlic.  Yuck!)

 Stack bread buttered sides together.  This keeps the butter from getting all over everywhere.

Add cheese.


And leftover spaghetti.  Our "spaghetti" just happened to be macaroni shaped that night.


And more cheese.  Top with other slice of bread and grill.


It's a thick sandwich so make sure to grill over a fairly low temperature.



Voila!  Grilled Spaghetti Sandwich!


I over toasted it and over garlic-ed it so it wasn't as awesome as I had hoped.  But it was pretty good.  I might try it again the next time we have leftover spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment