April 10, 2011

Hand Made Mittens

My friend, Dawn, shared a whole bag of yarn with me.  Included were two skeins of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in a beautiful shade of blue.  It is a cashmere blend that is SOOO soft!  I petted it for a while before I decided what I wanted to make.

So far, I've made one fingerless mitten from this pattern Honeycomb Wrist Warmers.  It knit up very quickly and is so pretty!  I just love the way the honeycomb part looks in this yarn.  The second skein may become a matching scarflet.  The honeycomb pattern is made by using a slip stitch.  That means you slip the stitch from one needle to the other without actually knitting it.  i.e. THESE WORK UP FAST BECAUSE YOU'RE ONLY KNITTING HALF THE STITCHES!  I feel like I'm cheating, but I love it!!



PS
I wrote this post months ago.  The pair is now complete!  I haven't started the scarflet yet, but it hasn't been forgotten.  I can't decide what to do with these.  I like them alot......but it's not like I need them.....but I like them alot.....

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the sweet review of the wrist warmers. i'm so glad you enjoyed the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney, I did!! So glad you posted it. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete