December 7, 2011

Mittens!


The Medium One was with me shopping for yarn months ago.  She saw this yarn and pleaded for mittens.  Poor baby!  It took me months to start these things and only a week or so to finish them up.  The yarn is Patons Kroy Socks in Mulberry Stripes.  The picture above is completely inaccurate.  I took with Photo Booth.  I know, I know...I have to stop doing that.  It's just so easy....
There's a pink stripe, a peach stripe, then navy and brown.  She thinks it's just "SOOO PRETTY!!!".  Frankly, I'm surprised she likes the colors as much as she does.  But I'm not going to mention that.

I used a free pattern from Patons and made the toddler size.  They're just a little bit snug.  I think I would cast on the 'kid' size next time.

It's cold here in Texas today.  She'll be so excited to have new warm mittens in the morning.  (It's supposed to be cold in the morning...right??)

G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment