January 27, 2011

Let's Add a PDF

There's a blog you should check out called Nonni And B.  Nonni is my mom!  She does really cool stuff.  She sews.  She crochets.  She knits (I taught her.  I'm so proud!).  She builds.  She made stained glass when I was a kid.  She also has a lathe and makes pens and such.  Multi-talented is putting it mildly.

So, on the blog she has a post about a doll carrier backpack.  Specifically, a tutorial on how to make it.  She wanted to include a PDF of part of the pattern.  But how to do that??  Since I spent all evening figuring it out, I thought I'd share with you.  Just in case you ever need to know....

I know how to do this in Blogger and that's it.  So if you're working with something else, I have no idea what to tell you.  Oh wait, yes I do!  Google it!  Google is a good friend of mine.  When you log into your blog you use your gmail account, right?  So, to add a PDF log into docs.google.com using your same account.  You can upload your PDF file right there.  Then, open the file and copy the URL at the top of the screen.  Paste that into the link area in your blog.  Done!

Now, did she use this method to add her PDF?  I have no idea!  Are there other ways to do this?  Fill me in down in the comments.  (I love reading the comments.)

No comments:

Post a Comment